Saturday, April 7, 2018

Poems

  • Novel
    I. No one's serious at seventeen. --On beautiful nights when beer and lemonade
  • A Winter Dream
    In winter we’ll travel in a little pink carriage With cushions of blue. We’ll be fine. A nest of mad kisses waits In each corner too.
  • Asleep In The Valley
    A small green valley where a slow stream flows And leaves long strands of silver on the bright Grass; from the mountaintop stream the Sun's
  • Dawn
    I have kissed the summer dawn. Before the palaces, nothing moved. The water lay dead. Battalions of shadows still kept the forest road. I walked, walking warm and vital breath, While stones watched, and wings rose soundlessly.
  • Being Beauteous
    Against a fall of snow, a Being Beauiful, and very tall. Whistlings of death and circles of faint music Make this adored body, swelling and trembling Like a specter, rise...
  • Drunken Morning
    Oh, my Beautiful! Oh, my Good! Hideous fanfare where yet I do not stumble! Oh, rack of enchantments! For the first time, hurrah for the unheard-of work,
  • Sensation
    In the blue summer evenings, I will go along the paths, And walk over the short grass, as I am pricked by the wheat: Daydreaming I will feel the coolness on my feet. I will let the wind bathe my bare head.
  • Barbarian
    Long after the days and the seasons, and people and countries. The banner of raw meat against the silk of seas and arctic flowers;
  • Departure
    Everything seen... The vision gleams in every air. Everything had... The far sound of cities, in the evening,
  • Ophelia
    I On the calm black water where the stars are sleeping White Ophelia floats like a great lily ;
  • Anguish
    Is it possible that She will have me forgiven for ambitions continually crushed,-- that an affluent end will make up for the ages of indigence,--
  • The Drunken Boat
    As I drifted on a river I could not control, No longer guided by the bargemen's ropes. They were captured by howling Indians
  • After The Flood
    As soon as the idea of the Deluge had subsided, A hare stopped in the clover and swaying flowerbells, and said a prayer to the rainbow,
  • Evil
    While the red-stained mouths of machine guns ring Across the infinite expanse of day; While red or green, before their posturing King, The massed battalions break and melt away;
  • rimbaud poems
  • https://www.poemhunter.com/arthur-rimbaud/biography/
  • Paul Verlaine Poems


No comments:

Post a Comment