Sunday, April 2, 2017

Diabetic



shared Ray Nielson thinking about stuff.
13 hrs
If you are not diabetic please feel free to just keep scrolling an this may bore you
Here I go again, for my Diabetic friends. I am proud to say that my glucose is more under better control at 73 than it was 10 years ago. Why, well , a change in doctors and one very important reason. first, let me paraphrase this with as individuals, the disease affects each of us in different ways to different extents.
but the majority of us are treated by doctors that are not affected personally by Diabetes. they along with the "industry" and tend to lump us into one one category. We have all been told that we need more exercise. But little help is given in that area. For myself, I challenged someone close to me who suffers from high blood pressure to a exercise bike challenge, to start out it was 5 minutes a day and to increase it for 5 minutes a week until we had reached 20 minutes a day, Knowing that 21 days make a habit. I kept it up and then made it to 30 minutes a day. I am taking a couple of herbs but I don't think that is germane to this issue other that perhaps controlling hunger . I am drinking more water and that may be the hunger issue control. My glucose readings has been 120 to 140 average for 10 years of better. some times higher when I let myself go . I now do 30 minutes on the bike each evening about supper time and sometimes instead of supper, I snack in the afternoon and often not hungry for the traditional SUPPER meal, I don't beat myself up if I "miss" the meal knowing I am not hungry. I have seen my blood sugar drop to the 95 to 115 range. mostly in the 100 to 110 in the morning. I am sleeping better and have more energy and sometimes have to remind myself of my age.
I think that a big part of this is that the 30 minute exercise bike ride is forcing my cells to open up for the glucose. and practice makes perfect I tried the bike videos for wheeling but that gets boring. I use Audible and I put my headphones on and "read my book" to get me through the 30 minutes. My bike tells me that I am burning 180 to 190 cal on this ride. I have lost some weight which is good as at the same time I am increasing muscle mass which means I am losing more fat than the scales are telling me.
I have checked have checked my glucose before and after and have seen a drop of 10 to 15 points. Sometimes we are given medicine that slows down the movement of food from the upper to the lower stomach because glucose is more readily absorbed in the lower stomach. I think this is why sometimes we can get a higher glucose reading in the morning than the evening even though we did not eat any thing.
I am starting to for the next 21 days add 15 minutes to my bike time in the morning so I can boost my metabolism in the day time. We will see how that works out. I have a grand son 3 and one 6 and I want to dance at their weddings and graduation parties I hope this works out ,
I hope that this perhaps helps someone. I am not writing this egotistically but in a sincere desire to help and motivate you who are on the same path I am on My personal feeling is that this disease could be cured faster if big pharma was not using it as a cash cow and just figuring new ways to milk the cow. ( have you seen the side effects of the new drugs ??) but these are just my thoughts, Feel free to print this out and take it to your doctor for some one on one dialogue the worst thing that could happen is that you could decide you needed to find a new doctor.
If you are are interested, I would start a face book page where we could have mutual support and dialog. is a good thing
let me know Ray

Good for you. My Sam has had "prediabetes" for 5 years. He was in excellent shape, exercised regularly was in no way overweight. His father's family lost legs and life due to diabetes. He went in a trial of Emulin and it has worked like magic. We altered his diet a bit and his A1C actually dropped into the normal range. His brother has gone on to shots and he is still not even on medication. 3-4 poached eggs and 3 strips of bacon in the morning, protein shakes or bars for snacks and for dinner chicken or beef of some sort and mostly a huge salad and fresh fruit Salad. He continues to take Emulin from GNC.

No comments:

Post a Comment