Monday, December 28, 2015

Linh Son Temple (Dalat)



I went to a retreat center at a cold place 37F - 2 hrs drive from my house last weekend. First time doing retreat at a Buddhist temple: slept, ate, and had daily activities like a Buddhist monk, woke up at at 4am, prayed at 5am, and prayed every 2 hrs through out the day - every activity I did followed a set schedule. After 2 days of retreat last weekend, I just realize that I am not ready to live like and be a monk yet, but I still have a strong believe in Buddhism and may do it again in the future (maybe at a warmer place). Amitoufo, Nam Mo A Di Da Phat. 🙏
18 hrs
Don't tell me that you wanna be a monk.
LikeReply5 hrs
I have to say that I am very lucky to be born in a Buddhist family and I really appreciate Dharma teaching from the master monk at each temple I attended. For some reasons, every time I go to a temple, one of the monks at that temple has persuaded me to follow Buddha's call. As much as I appreciate this religion and its teaching in how to be a good person with great compassion, but I know for sure that I can't leave what I've owed in this life and become a Buddhist monk at this time.
LikeReply42 minsEdited

No comments:

Post a Comment