Sunday, April 24, 2016

PƠEMS

How Can You Say You Care?

© Jennifer
Published on March 18, 2016
Another day, another hour, another minute,
Another smile, another tear I thought was worth it.
Another wound that's hard to heal and hard to close,
Another path I have to take, not something I chose.

A year passes by, day after day,
Full of tears and pain, there's nothing I can say.
Been trapped for so long, can't take anymore.
I begin to wonder, are you still worth fighting for?

This state I'm in, this feeling of pain,
I question myself, what's there to gain?
Here in my head, here in my mind,
There's no reason there my heart can find.

I love you too much, it's been too long,
My heart's screaming out, "Everything's wrong!"
And yet you don't seem to care,
And I know you know this isn't fair.

Could you be any more insensitive?
You're making it so hard to believe.
You say you like me, please, as if!
If I leave you, you'd be relieved!

Dear Mom

© Marcella
Published on March 11, 2016
I'm tired of all the cops
Coming over to my house.
Will it ever end?
Why do you have to fight all the time?
Why do you fight so loud?
It keeps me up at night.
I cry every time you fight.
You don't even notice.
Why do you hide it from me?
All the bruises,
All the pain,
Why can't you just open up to me, Mom?
Tell me what's going on.
I know he hits you, Mom, you don't have to hide it,
And yet you still stay with him...and for what?
He doesn't have a job
Or help you support us,
So why do you keep him around?
The first time I saw him hit you
It made me go crazy and lose all respect for him.
It's happening more often now,
But yet you still back him up on everything,
And I don't know why.
You still love him,
And I don't know why.
Before you met him you were happy as ever,
But then you and my real dad got divorced,
And that's when it started happening,
When you met HIM.
He ruined everything between us.
You don't even talk to me anymore, Mom.
Now it happens almost every other day,
More and more violent it gets.
You have black eyes, but you still love him,
And I don't know why.
The last time you fought,
The cops came to our house
And asked me questions like what happened and if he hit you.
You told me to tell them no,
And that's what I did,
Because if I had told them the truth,
I would have gotten taken away from you, Mom.
I love you too much to leave you.
After all the bruises and black eyes,
You still stay with him,
And I don't know why...

Teacher

© Shambhavi Singh
Published on January 12, 2016
'Teacher' - a word that takes me back to the start,
The start of my very first day at school.
I tightly clenched my mother's hand,
I was afraid to let her go.
But suddenly somebody held my other hand
and all my fear flew 'cause there was someone to understand.
She wiped my tears and took me to class.
It's when my grooming starts.
I understood that a teacher is the second mother or father I had,
For which I'm still glad.
I am glad that I lived under their guidance.
They taught me all, all they had.
All the manners and values I have are just because of them.
In my growing life, they are the stem.
Like a tree, I have reached heights,
For my strength re-unites.
Teachers are my preachers,
They'll live in my heart forever.
For they have given me strength to endeavor.
They are my most precious treasure

LOVE

© John Peter Read More By John Peter Read
Published on November 27, 2015
L is for 'laughter' we had along the way.
O is for 'optimism' you gave me every day.
V is for 'value' of being my best friend.
E is for 'eternity,' a love that has no end.

Inelegant

© Vicki L. Stafford
Published on October 26, 2015
It is time
To rhyme a rhyme
A poem I must write

Pen is poised
But so much noise
My mind is like a kite

Poetry
As you shall see
For me is like a fight

I insist
I clench my fist
I better do this right

I try this
And I try that
I try with all my might

Coffee cup
Time's almost up
I will be up all night

No delay
It's due today
It's dawn, I see the light

Much time spent
Inelegant
Please understand my plight

So

Here ya go
You need to know
Submitted filled with fright

Every Scar Has A Story

© Kristina M. DeCarlo Visit Kristina M. DeCarlo's Site
Published on December 13, 2015
Every scar has a story
What will mine tell
What will come of this
when I’m better, when I’m well

I want my scar to tell
of how I’ve overcome
of how I made it through
of where I have come from

I want my scar to whisper
about the pain I faced
about this very hard time
about the marathon I raced

But mostly I want my scar
to speak of something greater
I want it to shout
about my living Creator

Let my scar be evidence
that there is a loving Lord
who fought my scary battles
and on whose wings I soared

Let my scar proclaim
that all things work for good
that by myself I couldn’t
but with my God I could

Let them take a look
Let them peek and see
My scar shows God is great
It points to Him, not me.
**
nOTES
 vết sẹo lồi vì tro tàn thuốc rớt xuống từ điếu thuốc của cha.
tôi còn nhớ mình đã khóc thét lên và buồn thay không ai hiểu chuyện gì đã xảy ra,. Đếnkhi cha tôi phát hiện thì đốm tro hồng đã đốt cháy xém miếng da ngón tay cái. Vết sẹo lồi hôm nay nhìn lại đã láng trắng không còn dấu vết của một vết sẹo. cha tôi có thể đã đi về cảnh giới khác và có thể tôi sẽ không hưởng nhận âm đức của cha nữa
**

No comments:

Post a Comment