Sunday, January 15, 2017

a piece of magnificene.


Are you a loser?
Do you cry too often?
Are you too angry?
Are you too lazy?
Are you a total shit-show, a fuck-up, a weirdo, and a waste of space?
Are you too demanding?
Are you overly sensitive?
Do you take too much attention away from everyone else?
Are you too needy?
Are you greedy and stupid and fat and horrible?
Can you NEVER LEARN?
Are you a disruption machine?
Are you helpless and hopeless?
Do you exhaust everyone around you?
Do you exhaust yourself?
Are you full of shame?
Are you wrong, wrong, wrong...all wrong?
In short: Are you a problem child?
Hi, I'm Liz Gilbert, and I'm here today to offer you one simple message:
YOU ARE NOT A PROBLEM CHILD.
No, child. You are not a problem. You really aren't. Nobody is a problem child in the eyes of true love — and by "true love" I mean TRUE LOVE. I mean: God love. I mean: Creation Love. I mean: Infinite Love.
I don't care about the terrible story you've been telling yourself about yourself. I don't care what horrible stories your family telle you about yourself. I don't care what dreadful stories you hear every single day about yourself.
All I know is this: YOU ARE NOT A PROBLEM CHILD.
But you ARE a child. You are a child of God. Born innocent. Innocent ever since the day of your birth, too Worthy of love. Deserving of grace. Enveloped in absolute sacredness. Holy-holy-holy from head-to-toe. So holy, it's RIDICULOUS. Divine. A miracle.
I can't prove it, but I know it. So I don't have to prove it. I just have to tell you: YOU ARE NOT A PROBLEM CHILD.
Your only problem, child, is that you believe you're a problem child.
In fact, you are a piece of magnificene.
You are not a problem.
OK, I gotta go now.
I'm not gonna argue with you about this anymore today.
Everything loves you!
The end.
ONWARD,
LG

No comments:

Post a Comment