Wednesday, December 21, 2016

MEMENTO

July-Dec Literacy class 1993

This class has been a delight. I have loved the good humour especially. It's great to be able to laugh with people while you work.
I have loved this class - the mixture of nationalities, the strong desire to learn the English language, and the great efforts made by students have been impressive.
I have learnt a lot - I know so much more now about Vietnam, China, Chile, Timor and the Ukraine; about the warm friendly people from these countries and something of their history. I admire the pioneering spirit of the individual in my class. I respect the culture of their countries and want to know more about the history and customs of each one.
I very much want Australia to be good for my students. I want them to know the best of Australia - the bush, the beaches, the ordinary friendly people who make Australia a good place to live.
I hope my students' life in Australia is happy and that they can love Australia too.

J.Frazer
9/12/93

No comments:

Post a Comment